500 Games -1 Year - Recap - #1 - 20

 



The latest update to back-tracking my quest to play ‘500 Games in 1 Year’ as I add what were Games 1-20…

 

 

1.      Wingspan – My gateway game, one of the games I play almost daily across several formats and just a gem of an engine builder. 8.5/10

 

2.      Love Letter – As soon as a group of 4 or more are together, this is a game I reach for. Perfection at what it does. 9/10

 

3.      Kingdomino – Huge fan of this title with simple yet strategic gameplay – addictive. 8/10

 

4.      Kluster – Good simple family dexterity game that is quick playing and easy to transport. 8/10

 

5.      Gift of Tulips – Superb card drafting, hand management and market manipulation game with lots of strategy and satisfaction when you pull off your aims! 8/10

 

6.      Honk – Fun tile game for the family in which you draft food to try and amass birds. Simple and quick. 7/10

 

7.      Little Astronauts – Great introductory card game for children, entirely luck based. 6/10

 

8.      Little Bakers – As above but with a bit more tactics involved. 6/10

 

9.      Carcassonne – My most played game of all time, I can’t ever image a time in my life when I won’t be playing this. 10/10

 

10.  Pandemic – Classic base game of the co-op and solo game, endless fun and hoping to explore more expansions. 9/10

 

11.  Cobra Paws – Not a fan of speed games, so this grab a matching tile game didn’t appeal to me but my little one loved it. 4/10

 

12.  Town 77 – Fun little Oink game involving adding tiles to a row whilst avoiding duplicates. 7/10

 

13.  Dune Imperium – Would never get this to the table at home, but have invested a lot of time in the Steam version. Wonderful game. 9/10

 

14.  Catch the Moon ­ - Cute little dexterity game that is fun for both adults and children alike. 7/10

 

15.  Dirty Pig – Card game for kids, that perhaps has too many rules, but once understood it plays really well! 6.5/10

 

16.  Monster 12 ­ - A family favourite Dice Game involving caputring monsters, simple, effective and fun! 7.5/10

 

17.  6 Nimmt! – Brilliant number based card game for bigger groups! One of my “go-to” party games – 8.5/10

 

18.  Scotland Yard Sherlock Holmes – Twist on the classic, but all the same elements of fun – real sense of a “chase” and a fun cat and mouse style affair 7.5/10

 

19.  Operation ­­– My little one adores it but the modern version feels so flimsy compared to when I was younger – 4/10

 

20.      Kerplunk ­­– My little one adores it but the modern version feels so flimsy compared to when I was younger – 3/10


Comments

Popular Posts